In this webinar, CIR President, Lawrence Gasman, shared how he sees the evolution of active optical cable (AOC) market in 2014 and beyond. Among the topics covered in this Webinar were:
- How new opportunities are appearing for AOCs outside of the data center in digital signage, personal computing and consumer electronics
- Major product changes within the AOC space as 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps and high-speed IB connections become commonplace in the data center
- How the AOC market will be impacted by the arrival of all-optical data centers
- Impact of Chinese suppliers and other new entrants into the AOC space.
- How macro-trends such the advent of SDN, virtualization, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and ultra-high definition TV will affect AOC demand.
- How AOCs of the future will evolve around consumer electronics standards such as such as USB and HDMI?
- Supply chains and branding evolve for AOCs
This Webinar also shared some of CIR’s current market forecasts for AOCs, with a discussion of how these break out by data rate, standards/MSA and length.